View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
Have you spoken to the patient assistance program? They seem to be working with people to find solutions.

In my case, they offered to give me the vial for a co-pay of $10.00 but it still didn't help me, since it's the co-insurance and deductible I have a problem with. Their giving me the drug only freed my insurance co. from having to pay for the drug, but I am still stuck with the huge bill for the first infusion every year, so I told them to save it for someone who truly will benefit from their assistance.

I am evidently not eligible for a reduced rate from the infusion center despite having been turned down by the state medicaid program, so I went on a payment plan with the hospital where I get my infusion. I'll be paying 10% of my monthly income from now on unless something changes.

It hurts, but it's worth it for me to make sure I stay where I am rather than going down the tube!

Please call your caseworker and let them know what is happening with your insurance. They can help.
i did what youu advised, thanks. i qualified to get the drug for free and $100 towars the infusion coosts. now i have to see what the total infusion does cost to see if i can afford it. ccant belive the medicaaid program just leavs us high and dry like that
Grammie 2 3 (01-16-2012), Natalie8 (01-15-2012), Riverwild (01-21-2012), SallyC (01-17-2012)