View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, Abby, I'm clueless -- AS USUAL -- LOL!

It is hard -- at least for me -- posting in a forum. I rely SOOOO much on facial "clues" when I'm talking to people. And, also, knowing a LOT more about personal situations helps me.

Regardless, I end up stepping on toes and putting my foot in my mouth ALL the time!!! And, my brain fog, I'm sure, doesn't help one bit.

I guess.....I think.....well, I'm trying to see what you and the person who contacted you were talking about -- still not sure. Maybe it is the Topamax messing with my brain this morning.

When I read your original post, I took it "personally". I've been sort of having a "pity-party" of late. The first five years of MG were "bearable". But, this past year.........................not so much. And, I've been whining and complaining about it to my family......a LOT!! Then, I read the "newbie" saying (hell, I might have MG). and it just sort of "slapped" me in the FACE!! I mean, EVERY TIME I go to my MG doc, there are such pitiful people in the waiting room. People who can't walk or talk or hold their heads up from OTHER conditions -- some are dying (from ALS) -- and I'm sitting here having a big ole pity party about MG!! So, when you posted, it just made me sit up and say, "Hey, get on your big girl panties and count your blessings!"

I know that your original post wasn't INTENDED for me -- but, it HELPED me!!

Anyway, I hope you and the person who PMed you are ok. I think you are mighty special -- and I hold other members of this group in very high regard. I learn something almost everyday -- medical or about how to live.

Hope what I've said made sense -- and that I haven't "stepped on toes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Another member of this forum, someone who is very knowledgeable and for whom I have great respect, has written to me privately to question the accuracy of some things I said in this post. I thought that by using the word "usually" to qualify them, I was being careful, but now I see that my friend is right: what I wrote doesn't give an accurate picture.

The statements I'm referring to are: that MG doesn't usually cause pain; that it doesn't usually affect the bladder; that it's not usually progressive; and that symptoms can be reversible (I see that I especially overstated that last one).

I have read that these things are sometimes true, but I was saying more than I know when I used the word "usually."

Rather than just remove my post, I'm adding this comment so that anyone I misled is more likely to see my retraction. I won't name my correspondent without permission, but I invite that person to elaborate here.

I especially didn't mean to suggest that the people posting here were here only because they're sick, and not to help others. I certainly know that that's not true! I have received so much from the generosity of people here.

I'm sorry for my carelessness.

Abby
pingpongman (01-14-2012)