View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello KRMG

I am glad you found Neuro Talk. There will be people to talk to. You are not alone. I am sorry you and your BF are going through this trauma. Health problems can be some of the most difficult to wade through. You are a very caring and compassionate person to be supporting him the way you are. You are doing the best you can do. Being far away from each other is another strain in the best of conditions. Maybe you don't want to talk to someone that councils, I can understand that, but sometimes a professonal can give you new tools to use, to help those we love. It is really hard to do this caregiving by yourself. Depression when we feel helpless is another part of what can happen when we feel at a loss on what to do. Please consider a clergy member, even your own private doctor to talk to about this. When you yourself are depressed it is harder to help another person. Neuro talk folks will talk to you too. Don't hesitate to ask questions, or post, vent, or reach out to us. Somebody will listen. I didn't expect the help from this site that I found either, yet I did get help. I was given good direction, and better ways to cope with what I was experiencing. I did go to counciling, and I talked alot to the people here, and I was guided through some awful surgery. The professional I started with was my primary care physician. I told him my emotional problems concerning my family, and of course he guided me through the medical trauma. Keep posting, and I hope alot of people respond to you. Consider reaching out for council, I do wish you and your BF all the best. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-24-2012), Kitty (01-14-2012), Rrae (01-14-2012)