View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Trig How do you deal with panic/anxiety?

~~~~~~~~~~~Don't read if you have car anxiety~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you suffer panic/anxiety attacks like I do? I have started taking lorazapam for the panic (about three weeks ago) when it's really bad, it helps but I don't like that it's only a temporary fix, what things do you do to help alieviate pain and anxiety in your life?

Yesterday I had to get water into the radiator of my car and the stupid hood release would not open! I had an instant anxiety attack, because I had to go out to pick up some forms and the car had nearly overheated when I had been out shopping Tuesday. I have so much anxiety about my darn car, driving I am fine with, except for my broken dashboard, I sometimes have to hold it up when I am going from a full stop, it's so loose it moved around and sets off anxiety when I am driving that I won't be able to get it back into place.

I know, I need a new car, hopefully we'll get one this year sometime. But seriously, when you have no choice but to face things that make you anxious, how do you deal with it? I have to drive the car to get things done, so there is no escaping that reality. I used to deal with it fine, but the stupid hood release did finally open and I got what I needed done, however I was shaking so bad I had to take 1/2 a lorazapam when I got back inside. I know I can't depend on it forever since it is addictive, so I am asking if you suffer this problem what steps do you take to calm down and shut the attack down maybe even before it's started?