View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 06:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark -

Another MRI sounds extreme. Plus, an MRI should only cost about $1200 to $1600 max. The insurance companies pay even less. You can look up the Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements online. You just need the procedure codes used.

I know what your saying. I'm really thinking about whether I should get it done or not. How would Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements benefit me? I'm asking because I'm not eligible for Medicaid through Welfare because I'm receiving Unemployment. Which is weird, since I'm really not getting much per week.

The EEG also sounds like a waste. An EEG with a sleep session would be more useful. Sounds like this is a generic neurologist. They don't believe anything that they can not see on an X-ray, MRI, CT, or EEG tracing.

He gave me the EEG right there on the spot. He asked me if I was up to it and I just went for it. During the EEG, I had a couple "brain shocks" or "body shocks" happen to me as I almost fell asleep. Maybe they will show up on the test and he'll be able to tell me if they were mini-seizures or something.

The sleep study would be much better use of 'your' money.

I was really hoping he would send me for one, but he didn't. Hopefully this next visit I have scheduled he will send me for one.

Have you had your B-12 and folate levels checked in the blood work?

When I had my blood-work done in the ER, I didn't ask about my B-12 levels and they didn't say anything about them. I haven't got the blood work done yet that he sent me for. Who should I ask about it? The people at Quest Diagnostics (they do the blood work) or the neurologist? Thank you for reminding me about this, I will put this in my notes for my next visit.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote