Thread: Father of twins
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aligallaf View Post
Thanks for sharing your son's story. My son was born after 31 weeks of pregnancy where he was diagnosed with type four bleeding that led to hydrocephalus. He was shunted when he was three months and now he is eight months. Until now he dose not react with us, dose not hold his head and dose not make an eye contact. We were told that his vision was affected (70-80%). But our main concern is what are we going to expect interm of development delays and when he should achieve his milestone. Also, what can we do to help him.
Aligallaf, I'm sorry I haven't responded until now. I had been off line for a while. My heart breaks to hear of your son. I know that it is scary and fearful. Your son will have a lot to overcome. Get as much support as you can. Physical therapists will be a huge help if you can get one.
His development will vary due to stimulation. The more you work with him, the better. Get excited over every little improvement. No matter how small others may think it is. Be positive.
As far as his working on his neck strength. We would lay our son on his back. Then lift him by his arms just until his shoulders lift off the surface. His head my roll back, that's why you don't lift so high. Just make silly, or funny noises to get him to look towards you. The stronger he gets the higher you lift him up. We did this until Thomas was 13-14 months.
Talk to his doctor about visual therapy. Drastic contrast has been helpful with some visually impaired patients. Sit in a room with the lights out, and move a flashlight around. See if he would follow it around.
I know you posted this a while ago, How is your son doing now? I'll be on at least daily now.
tbirdowner86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote