View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default One year post op mvd !!!!

Hi everyone !

Yesterday marked my one year post op of the MVD. I suffered from typical TN on the right side of my face for about three years before i was ever diagnosed. After 5 months of trying different medicines and going in and out of the hospital I finally saw Dr. Sekula a neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh. A week later i was in the hospital and ready for surgery. I was beyond scared and cried the entire time until they put me under, BUT it was the BEST thing i have ever done in my entire life. Dr. Sekula gave me my life back. In my situation my body would not accept any of the medicines so surgery really was my last hope. While i still get little pains here and there it is nothing like the pain i had before ( and most importantly its not everyday, usually not even every week & only lasts a few seconds)

I just wanted to share this successful MVD with everyone, because I have read about a lot of people who still live in bad pain. I personally think its worth looking into for anyone who is having issues with the medicine and suffering so terribly.

I hope everyone is having a pain free day! Oh ya, and thank you to all who helped me when i first came on this website with questions!

sadie324 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-15-2012)