Thread: RSD in Mouth?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi MSJanice12,
It is nice to meet you. I am soooo sorry you are having such a hard time with your dental issues and no one will listen to you. Your story (or journey as I like to call it) sounds like mine. I have had full body rsd for little over six years now (7 next month) and I have had continual problems with decay (like I go to bed and have no cavity and wake up 7 hours later and I have tooth decay), root canals, crowns, etc. In the last 2 years I have spent $5,200.00 in dental stuff to try and save my teeth. Great part about it was I was told by the state I live in that I did not have dental ins and have paid for it on my own (and still owe $2,300.00) only to find out this last July that in fact I DO HAVE DENTAL INS that would have paid for all of the above since Sept 2009!! The state just neglected to tell me. Great huh? Now, I go to the new dentist and they plan on fixing my teeth due to the constant problems (and immense pain) I have with all of them and after two weeks get a letter in the mail from the state saying as of two weeks from now the state will no longer be paying for my dental needs...except for fillings. Funny thing they never sent me the letter whereby telling me I had it and now they don't forget to tell me I don't have it. Amazing huh? I now have three infected teeth on my left side and cannot chew at all on that side. One of the teeth has been infected for several months and I believe is causing more problems and pain but I could not take care of it because I did not have $1,400 to root canal it. I already have a crown and pin in it from previous dentist. Last week the loose crown that I had recemented back into my head three weeks ago just came out!!! The crown AND the post (that is supposed to be in my head). So I now have no tooth in that spot. The one next to it needs root canal and crown as it is bad too. Between them I have a horrible infection that after two doses of antibiotics doesn't stop the pain. I feel like I am living in a nightmare since I have always gone to the dentist every six months for cleanings and pre-rsd never had any cavities. NOW, it is a nightmare. I have written to the state board to have my case reviewed and for them to reimburse me for the money they should have paid (Oh and I am in financial ruin because of the dental issues). That was in Aug and they told me two weeks ago they will send me a letter. Meanwhile, I had my neuro rsd doc write a letter explaining to them why I need a exemption from them not paying my dental and they turned it down and said I should get it extracted. I have extreme pain for two weeks from only a cleaning!!! They want to pay for the extraction but not any dentures, crowns, root canals, etc. So each day and night I suffer continually. My rsd has gotten better in the last few months but now I have to deal with this and pray it doesn't make my rsd come back worse. The crown that fell out what is left of the tooth needs to be pulled and I am a chicken and can't even imagine the pain I will have to go through with on that one. So, I wanted to let you know you are not the only one having dental issues. With rsd and all the meds we take (or like me in the past have taken) it ruins our teeth. Keep on having hope and faith things will change but I wanted to tell you you are not crazy that you can have rsd in your mouth like I do and others do. Hang in there.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote