View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sounds to me like you NEED to get out of there. Have you checked out finding a room somewhere else?

Check out http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/roo/

I'm working on it. I've never considered looking for a room for rent on Craigslist. That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. Thanks ...

It would be great if you could find a home with grandparent types who could help you with some of your decision needs. Have you check with social services for some assistance finding a place?

Yes, and it wouldn't be hard finding a place since I'm recovering from a brain injury and I'm looking for a quiet, peaceful environment. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs...or play loud music. That's usually what people ask you when your trying to rent a room. The only thing that Social Services offers (that I'm aware of) is a $500 voucher for rental assistance. It's actually just a check for $500 bucks. You can do it either once or twice a year. I'll look more into it.

Only other thing I can get as far as housing assistance is Section 8. The waiting list for that could take years. Might as well apply now, huh?

Thanks again, Mark.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote