Thread: The tightrope
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 12:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tracy,

I do agree with you. I'm still upset with my neuro who tells me to take more medicine, that I can live a normal life...yeah, right.

While I am not bedridden right now, I was...and now I've learned to pace myself. I sit here at my desk and I rest in a bed a lot, often for a whole week before doing any activity, and most activities are out of the question. The "activities" I am talking about are going grocery shopping and going to doctor appointments, everything else other than sitting here on my computer is pretty much not possible.

And I'm dirt poor because I can't work. Yeah, right, it isn't that bad. I've been down the road of depression because my life is pretty much over, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, that is when I'm not wondering when my savings account will run out and I have to figure out where to live and how to eat. And when I start worrying about the future I crash and can't function...so I've learned to live in the moment, I'll deal with tomorrow when it comes, I don't know what else to do.

I do agree, hearing someone say "it's not that bad" when I am struggling is very invalidating. I've had a few days where I think to myself that I can deal with my condition, but those days are very few and I soon change my mind. I'm still waiting, after 2 years, for my neuro's words to come true, for me to be able to live some sort of normal life...but I can't see that happening if I sit here resting all the time, and I don't have enough energy to learn something new, or go out looking for a job I might be able to do.

It is bad, I wouldn't wish MG on anyone.

And I do think it is better to know that MG is serious and to take care of ourself, to try to relax as much as possible and avoid stress or whatever makes our symptoms worse. The hardest part for me is everyone around me thinking I need to just get up and do things.

I did the same as you...my neuro told me I could live a normal life so I kept trying to work and do regular things and I spiralled down until now I am so sensitive to everything that I have to limit every activity just to be able to walk around the house and take care of myself. I wonder know if I had rested initially if it would have helped...too late now.

I might be saying it isn't too bad if I had someone to take care of me when I need it...so I guess it is up to each of us to decide how bad it is. For me, it is bad, the worst thing that has ever happened to me...

Last edited by DesertFlower; 01-15-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: deleted quote
DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugrkiss (01-24-2012), Tracy9 (01-16-2012)