View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Alt

I really get the whole of the inquiry into all questions about any device to be placed in a human body. Prior to surgery I researched forwards, backwards, sidewards, and on the Z axis looking for anything written about the St. Judes system. I built an entire file regarding my research. Patients who had received the product were willing to be interviewed by me..... and I did. All of this led up to my trial.... where I found out the rep in attendance was not from St. Judes at all. The guy was from Boston Sci.

Now I know Boston Sci has had its issues as well. I have read the articles. Researched the litigation. Been there and done that now on both St. Judes and Boston Sci. Even so, I did accept an implant.

Yep, Ballerina here has visited my profile. I did not see my name on her list, so I reckon she must have read what I wrote. One of the blessings I count in my life is this miracle of the result of the implant having enabled my full withdrawal from all pain management meds, my return to my profession, the earning of revenue, much needed revenue for my family which has now led to our ability once again to own our own home. Why am I distince from others whose system seems to be problematc? Why do I count the SCS as a blessing as Tchr012 now does (sorry Ballerina, but while Tchr012 did have troubles earlier, her later writings include the significant gratitude she now expresses after revision- the news is not the news fully reported unless it is fairly represented)? I am certain success is influenced by patient involvement in the actual program session of their device. Not as a slab on a table responding to a game of 20 questions played out by a rep. I FOUND SUCCESS I BELIEVE, now corroborated by others, by reason of being allowed to "sit at the computer and drive the keyboard as I programmed my device" under the watchful eye of my rep.

I am fully withdrawn from pain meds for well over a year. I am fully controlling pain with the implant. I have not ever had a tweak session as I have not needed any such session, and my rep knows me as someone who calls in to thank him for helping me regain life.

From now until doomsday, I will write, speak, cajole, push, prod, and stump for PATIENT INVOLVEMENT IN THE PROGRAMMMING OF THEIR OWN DEVICE. No rep, physician, or inventor of whom I know has a means of empirically obtaining knowledge how their tweaks affect the human body. Those who attempt programming thusly may as well be truthfully telling their patient "this is my best WAG.... Wild * Guess." We who have experienced programming our devices, though our numbers may be small for now, seem to experience specific beneficial results.

For this reason I am on a campaign to prompt other reps to allow patient hands on programming. Maybe, just maybe it would improve the effect for all users..... including RSD and CRPS. I have written on this forum about my sister in law Terri, who suffers RSD. She asked me to write that post. Her words about the stim I enjoy.... "Oh, how badly I wanted to try that too, Mark! But my doc said I was too far gone and it would not help me." She agreed. She is a double amputee due to RSD. She bears a chipper effort to help others despite functioning on so much Morphine she nearly has no benefit from it any longer either. Pain is her constant companion, an unwelcome companion.

Here is hope for everyone indeed.
Prayers too,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (01-16-2012), Nanc (01-15-2012), Rrae (01-15-2012)