View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi tthere, im new and looking for advice

hi there,
just stumbled across forum looking for advice on mp. i have recently been told i may have mp by my doc - its a long story...

13 years ago i had an accident where i fell about 8ft and landed on my back but with most of my weight on my left hip, it was agony and my left leg felt like it had been ripped inside giving me very limited movement. i was 16 at the time and took the next day off school to see a doc.
the doctor looked at me, didnt really examine me and told me i had just hurt the muscle in my back. ok, so i go back to school thinking itl all be ok in a month or so like the doctor said.
after 6 months my leg is no better. still in pain and still not walking right. i kept going to doctors complaining of back pain too aswell as the pains in my leg. i kept being told to rest my back and its all muscle spasms.
after working in 3 warehouses during my early 20s i had 2 back injuries. both times i went to doctors and they just said its muscle spasms again. no scans, no meds to checks - still the pain in my leg, now with a new pain in my other leg. i was lead to believe i had siatica.
i kept going to doctors complaining of leg pains and telling them i think its siatica - they kept sending me home with the same diagnosis, muscle spasms.
finally after 13 years of trying to get some help i change doctors again, ge t an mri scan on my back and find out my back is fine :O my doctor then said "i think i know what this is...it sounds like mp"
so the back pain i feel is a rsi as i do a lot of art in my spare time, and the leg pain might be mp.

so the doctor has booked me in for physio therapy - is this the right move as we arent for certain yet what it is??

if anyone took the time to read this thank you - its more than the doctors have done

ty x
inkspiration is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote