View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 05:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the input

Hey All,
Starting to get a bit anxious now as I had a bad time with my RF and this is similar, that twilight sleep,,I was awake through most of my RF because my IV backed up and nobody noticed until my hand was huge. This is one of those twilight procedures and I can't seem to shake that feeling,,,just being silly.

No, I don't have MS but have worked with many TN patients that do, have been a support group leader for ever and just try to keep moving and not let this slow me down too much. I take massive doses of meds which would be really nice to cut back on, I already have osteoporosis from high med use and even if I get 50% pain reduction that's a miracle, I can't even put my brain around it.

Did anyone have stitches after the permanent procedure? I have been so shocked that this is really happening that I forgot to ask,,I'll call the nurse on Monday, they have all been so nice and helpful it has made this so much easier on me.

I will be getting three leads, this guy likes to make sure he's got it covered! And all he has really advised is to not over due after the surgery until they leads have a chance to scar over which helps hold them in place.

I think you are right in some ways we are all guinea pigs, they just don't know enough about this disorder and until they really spend the bucks and do the research we are at the mercy of arrogant MD's who think they know more about our pain and what we are going through,,it's that simple. Although after doing some research there was an article in Technology Review ,,,,something like that and in another year the leads they will be using for this procedure will be so tiny,,it's amazing what they are doing in Biomedical Engineering,,by the time my battery runs out and needs replacing the system will be a dinosaur!!! but as long as it works,,I'm happy.

Will keep you posted as to my progress, my thanks to all who responded and my prayers to all those facing another day with this disorder.....God Bless hang in there, Beth
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-15-2012)