View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Redhead,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some problems. Years ago I started having migraines when I was a kid and that led into epileptic seizures for me. Trauma can cause seizures for a person even if something happened yrs. ago. Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main causes of seizures plus taking antidepressents will not help at all.
When you get dizzy and get a sick feeling in your stomach this could be a sign of a aura seizure also known as a simple partial seizure. If I may ask to you feel tired, or confused after this possible seizure and do you have a headache? These are all signs that a person has after a seizure.

My best advice to you is to see an Epileptologist (Dr. specialzing in epilepsy) you can find these Drs. at an Epilepsy Center which are usual at University Hospitals or really big hospitals. You will have to have your family Dr. refer you to an Epileptologist.
Another thing you should do is get a calendar and write down what time this possible seizure happens and when you start and stop your monthly cycle. Be doing this the Dr. may see a pattern in your possible seizures. I often get them the beginning of each month, or if I'm under a lot of stress.
You can also see a neuropsychologist at an epilepsy Center these Drs. will test you and can find out what is triggering your possible seizures. Cut back on the starch foods and foods with carbs because they in turn can trigger seizures. Also stay away from nutra sweet because that fires up the neurons in the brain and triggers seizures. Start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day and this should help you. The Drs. will want to do a e.e.g., MRI, and other tests on you to find out what's going on. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Redhead72 (01-15-2012)