Thread: pcs, vertigo
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation I know that feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Z View Post
I still have incidents of what I can only describe as vertigo and it is very disturbing. What I experience isn't 'the room is spinning', etc. It's a very definite sensation of [I]motion, swirling, movement within[I] my head. ... This can lead to again feeling nauseous.

Has anyone else here experienced anything similar? It's very difficult to get across to the docs.

Sincerely, Theta Z.
WOW! I'm new here, and I JUST ran across your post! What you are describing sounds EXACTLY like what I'm experiencing when I get my "vertigo spells". I didn't think ANYONE would be able to understand what I'm saying!

My brain feels like it's moving in a "vertical" clockwise circle in my skull. After a moment my eyes seem to want to follow the motion (not sure if they are actually moving or not). I then become extremely nauseous (within seconds). This has only happened when I'm sitting down - if I'm standing it usually seems more like an aura, like a vague similar feeling. I crawl to the floor usually with my eyes closed and I lay on my back with my knees up until it passes (usually 2-3 minutes, or thereabouts. I've only gotten really close to getting sick one time more recently (but I had a double ear infection a month ago, so that may have contributed to the extra nausea).

I have a history of migraines, and a history of minor head traumas (2 or 3 of which might have been worse than was recognized at the time they occurred - the last about 10 years ago. I've been having my "vertigo" spells (which my ENT told me last week might be seizures) for the last 18 mos. or so.

I still have to read the rest of this thread. I just got really excited that I found someone who sounded like they knew what I was feeling! LOL

~ Michelle
Redhead72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote