View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Continuous CSF leaks after surgery

Hello All,
I recently had a Chiari I decompression surgery on Dec. 9th 2011 by a well respected and liked surgeon. In fact he has actually done 2 neck fusion on me prior to this. However, since Dec. 9th I have had to go back in to surgery 6 times due to CSF leaks. In fact I think I may be leaking again and I just got out of the hospital 2 days ago. My headaches now are so intense and unbearable. I have uncontrolled vomiting that doesn't help the headaches. I am so tired of going back to the hospital for more surgeries. I was told that my dura is quite thin and its having a hard time keeping a seal with the dura patch. It has only been a month and it scares me that I have been cut open 6 times. I have pretty much laid flat for over a month and the rest of my body is feeling the pain from that. I wish I hadn't had this surgery but the symptoms I experienced prior were pretty bad too. Does anyone have any suggestions of what could possibly be done different so that I can avoid more surgeries. I am terrified off infection, there has to be a way to fix this. Thanks
kwiley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote