View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 12:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation

((((((Melody)))))),

This is not exactly what you asked for but I couldn't live without this stuff:

Tegaderm

I have psoriasis on my elbow and I've been having a problem with dry, itchy skin on my arms and back since menopause. Sometimes I scratch so hard that I tear my skin.

I've found that the Tegaderm is good for all sorts of things like that. It provides a protective layer until you can grow new skin. When I use it on my elbow, it peels off a lot of the flakiness when you finally remove the patch. I usually leave the patches on 24/7 for about 7-10 days until they fall off (or pick up too much cat fur around the edges ).

When I was a home health aide, I used Tegaderm for one of my male patients that had a horrendous bed sore on his lumbar spine (that was the only thing that healed it). I also had another woman with a stroke who developed itching and skin picking on her arm. The Tegaderm worked wonders to keep her fingers away from her skin until it healed. Probably would work great for your husband to keep the irritation of the eyeglasses away from the area until the skin fully heals.

For just trying the Tegaderm or for not using it very much, it's best to just buy it in either CVS or Walgreen's -- whatever store you have in your area. For more extensive use, like I do, I purchase the packets loose on eBay for much, much less than you'd pay retail. I've been doing that for a couple of years now and have never had a problem.

Melody, I don't think I've ever written to you before, but, I've seen you around. It's very uplifting to see how much love and devotion you give your husband every day. It's a really beautiful to see

Hugs.

Barb

PS: Oh, I get the 6 cm x 7 cm (2-3/4 in. x 2-3/4 in.) size Tegaderm and usually cut them either in half or in quarters. You still have either a half frame or a quarter frame to apply the patch with and it makes them last much longer, if you're counting pennies like me.
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote