View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Beth02L,
I had PNS surgery on 11/29 final 12/6/2011 in Chicago, which was 5 hours away from home, it was done as outpatient and I also had to get hotels, but I was put completely asleep for the surgery, I hope whatever anthesia you have it will be successful-may I make a suggestion, my mind was so focused on the surgery and the recovery that I did not realize probably the most important thing about the PNS- your stimulator is only as good as the person who programs it-if you get the opportunity try and find out before your surgery who will take care of your adjustments to stimulator once you return home and take the time call them and discuss their availability, to meet with you their experience with stimuators, where you will meet, and how often they would expect to meet with you, In five weeks I have had "2"adjustments and needed probably 4 or 5 due to lack of being able to meet with a representative, while in Chicago had no problems but once I returned home, I to navigate who to work with my stimulator and where, which is NOT something you want to be dealing with after surgery, find out who is going to work with you once you return home-maybe meet with them ahead of time-and ask the rep you are working with after the surgery all the questions you have, so you can get to know them a bit.... hope this helps you avoid a few of the hiccups I have had to endure!
God Bless and best of luck
kwebster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-15-2012)