View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Perfect timing on this. I think the term progressive is, to some extent, difficult to quantify. I, too, have read that it isn't progressive, but it often does get worse. I think that they mean over a long period of time that it doesn't progress, like, say ALS does (which you mentioned). Right now, I am progressing. I started 2 years ago with eye issues that I blew off. Last year that developed into eye issues that I could no longer ignore, plus progressive weakness through my body (arms, legs, hands), and some trouble with breathing that I & my doctors chalked up to asthma. Then here we are today. Another year later, with worsened symptoms all around and breathing that may land me in the ER. I've been battling it all weekend and my neostigmine is acting like a placebo & doing nothing. So yes, to some degree, I believe MG is progressive. But I guess in the big picture, no it isn't because it "typically" doesn't lead to total disability or death (sometimes it can, but not usually). Confused yet?
Kage12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote