View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 03:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

]I was finally dx with venous tos (75% mechanical occlusion of subclavien vein) feb 2011, symptoms started 12/10, in beginning were deep itching in breast that led to swelling of my arm and purple color along with the rest of typical tos symptoms. The 25 of feb I saw a thoracic surgeon who completed a first rib resection three days later. Extremely painful surgery , had vats w/ chest tube 4 days in hospital. My symptoms never got better only worse except the color of my arm and hand changed from purple to blue/red to blotchy, I cannot be touched on my upper right side at all. finally dx with rsd but lost the use of my right hand. Nerve blocks and meds didnt work. I was told use it or permanently disabled. I forced myself to use it and 9 months later begged to go back to work and did. It hurts like hell, I keep pushing forward always wondering if I have rsd or a failed surgery or both, fustrated and angry. Left side is beginning same symptoms. I am not on meds, the burning, stinging and feeling like golf balls moving through my veins is the worst and second is the pain from swelling and cold hand. If you choose surgery please research rsd and presurgical prevention. Rsd/crps Is devastating. Good luck to your husband, you and your family. Feel free to ask any questions.
Mjg13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (01-15-2012)