View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nannette,

I'm glad you are getting that tooth out! You should be fine with just a local anesthetic. Upper erupted wisdom teeth are generally not that difficult to remove for an oral surgeon. If he sees an opening in the sinus he will determine the size and decide whether or not to close it or allow it to close on it's own. He may or may not place a bone graft.... again that is determined on the sinus issue as well as any infection that is up there.

With regard to taking the ativan...it is frequently prescribed for anxious dental patients to take one hour prior to their appointment. However, it is best to call the dentist in the morning and tell them you would like to take this medication. This way they can discuss with you the best way to take it.

Please check in with us tomorrow!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibuja View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for all the info! I'm finally getting my tooth pulled tomorrow AM. I'm feeling a little nervous! I don't like being "put under" so seeing it's one tooth -I'm going with a local. How hard is it to pull an upper wisdom tooth that's already grown in? I actually had an extra wisdom tooth pulled by my regular dentist that was behind the one I'm removing tomorrow - and I had only a local and was pretty good with the whole thing. I do have some Ativan - which I have for insomnia (of course I VERY RARELY take cause I don't like to take meds if I don't need to) - would it be helpful to take the Ativan 0.5mg before the procedure?

Thanks,
Nannette
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote