View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
Shayna!

Good to hear that you tested negative! It does give you a modicum of relief, doesn't it?
Just remember to remain vigilant for any changes, as usual.

The advice about hydrating is good!

I always forget to drink water anyway, and I've taken to carrying a bottle of water around with me 24/7 now, and I find that not only do I remember to drink before my infusion, but have increased my fluid intake all around. I feel a lot better when I am hydrated. I was into the habit of drinking a few cups of coffee a day and sort of forgetting to drink anything else!
Yes, I agree about the hydrating! I'm like Shayna. For 24-48 hours after the infusion I get flu-like symptoms. Every once in a while I don't, or they are minor. I discovered that if I drink a ton of water while I'm getting my infusion the side effects are a lot less. And when I say ton, I am talking about 2+ liters of water. I buy a tall 1.5 liter bottle of water and then another medium size bottle. I guzzle them all down. Always feel better after the infusion.

Shyana, congrats on the negative test! Yeah!!

I did manage to recover from the shingles -- what I thought was a second round was not so I could get my Tysabri on time. What a relief....
"Thanks for this!" says:
clarkstar (01-28-2012), Grammie 2 3 (01-16-2012), Riverwild (01-21-2012), SallyC (01-17-2012)