View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just thought I'd add to this thread instead of making a new one.

So this football season, I made it a point to only watch certain teams that I liked in order to tone down the visual stimulation. Well, its the playoffs now and things are starting to heat up. I just got cable hooked up to my 32" Sony LCD TV. I can't watch more than 20-30 min of anything without becoming a space cadet. Anyways, yesterday I watched the second half of both the games in HD because I knew I wouldn't be able to watch both of them in their entirety. Apparently that was too much. After the games were over, I was real foggy. I felt as if I was pushed just a little beyond my limits.

Today, same thing. Except this time I only watched the 4th quarter of the first game and the second half of the second game, on their standard definition channels. I also put the TV on mute and turned away for the commercials to reduce stimulation. I felt better than I did yesterday, but it still kind of put me out of commission. No physical symptoms - I'm one of the rare cases that don't get headaches, only cognitive problems. Anyhow, I ended up crashing out for a couple hours.

So I'm just wondering, for the people who have problems watching television due to over-stimulation issues...how do you work around these issues? So far I got:

1. Keep away from the HD channels.
2. Mute during commercials and look away.
3. Keep the volume down.
4. Back away from the TV and watch at a distance.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (01-15-2012)