View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 11:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default post concussion symptoms after car accident.

Hi everyone-Please forgive me if I ramble. I was in a car accident 5 weeks ago that should have ended my life. Instead, I hopped out of the car and ran away from it (I heard someone say that it might explode) I spent 3 hours in the ER where they determined that I could go home. My only injury at that time was deep bruising on my lower legs

About a week later I began to forget things. For instance, I went to the dentist the day before the accident and needed to go back the week after the accident to finish the work; I could not remember where the dentist was-I had to call my husband. There were other incidences as well. I couldn't get words out or remember how to write/type the words. Also at that time, I started having headaches and nausea. The neurologists near me didn't want to take me or couldn't see me until march. The headache got so bad that I went to the ER. They told me that I had post concussive syndrome? They set me up with a neurologist in the area.

After examining me, he ordered an MRI and an EEG. My question; if I start feeling better and my symptoms diminish, or go away should I still have the EEG and MRI done or can I call to cancel them?
Thank you for your help
themaidquit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote