View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TOS and the pain is unbearable I found something that has helped

I found this item while searching the web. I developed TOS over 10 years ago which was related to a work related injury head/neck/back. I needed surgery and paralysis does come on days while waking from sleep. No pain killers have worked. I am on a patch that helps a lot but I am not ever without pain. Since I have used this magnetic shoulder brace very inexpensive and not uncomfortable the numbness and killer pain has dulled to a more tolerable level. I have the back braces which were prescribed by Dr's but this one seems to be doing way better than anything I have tried. Therapy is useless with the exception of "pool therapy" I used all that could be paid for and was cut off. I also use a TENS Unit. Sleeping is nearly impossible.
I am just a patient who lives with chronic pain. I am only posting this with the hope that maybe this may help someone else. I opted out of surgery by my Neurologist's advice. Sometimes I use an ice pack. I put it under my armpit and wrap it with an ace bandage to hold it there this sometimes helps.

We Neuro/Muscular/Skeletal patients seem be last when it comes to helping with this TOS. I sure wish some neuroscientist would take this on. The pain (for me anyway) can become so unbearable you can't even think straight.
Regular therapy learned exercise daily helps. i have been told by every Dr. but none will put it in writing that I am "too complicated". So it is up to us who suffer to find relief. Best of luck hope this helps someone.

The pain will never end for me. It is always there but I keep on fighting and looking for a way to decrease the pain as much as I can.

Type in search on Amazon for magnetic shoulder brace and you will find it there.
25yrsnstillfighting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-22-2013)