View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 04:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got an electric trike last August and I love it. I could never be motivated enough to ride a stationary bike indoors. I like to be outdoors and with my electric trike I can bike ride even when I am not having a good day and have trouble walking around the house. The good thing is that you have to pedal in order for the electric assist to work, and the electric assist allows me to ride much longer and farther than I could before on a regular bike. I am not sure how many rpm's I pedal, but the electric assist makes me pedal faster than I could otherwise and I am sure that riding my trike is helping me. It is a Torker electric trike. I agree with one of the first comments in this thread that insurance companies should help us buy bikes and trikes. I probably could have gotten insurance money for a scooter, but my trike is so much better for me. Another thing I like about my trike is that when the electric is not on, I can ride slowly at a pace with people who are walking. On a bike, you cannot ride slowly because you lose your balance. Since I cannot walk very far, I like having my trike to ride when others are going for a walk.
jcitron (01-16-2012)