View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 05:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Terri

I am so sorry that you have had such a difficult time of things. It takes a long time for the body to recover from aneurysm surgery. I had an unruptured aneurysm clipped in 2004 - and it took a LONG time to feel 'normal' again.

Aside from the crushing fatigue, headaches and forgetfulness, your body/brain has been through a massive insult and it takes a lot of time to get back to right.

Remember, you have been through something that is physically, emotionally, and psychologically draining and things like fatigue, hair loss, depression, sensory overload/panic, confusion, memory loss and altered self image are completely normal.

It will happen - you will feel better - but unfortunately, others can't see what you are experiencing (like they would for example if you broke your leg) and because they don't understand what you have been through, they can't really sympathise or get it.

Depression is really common for aneurysm survivors - partly because of what you have been through, but also because someone has been mucking around in your brain - the essential part of you that makes you YOU.

Don't be afraid or self conscious about admitting that you are depressed. It happens to the best of us. I think you need to talk to your doctor about this. Maybe just knowing that others are out there that have been on a similar journey will help you as well.

Regards and thinking of you

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote