View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default glenntaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--begs to be investigated for autoimmune, toxic, and some nutritional causes.

I do sound like a broken record with this (and there's a reference made for people over 40), but I highly doubt people have had comprehensive serological work-ups for neurological symptom causes unless they've been to specialty centers or practices (often at major research hospitals). For instance, most doctors know to test for anti-nuclear antibodies, and eliminate vascular/connective tissue autoimmunities if these come negative, but few have the expertise to test for specific antibodies to peripheral nerve components.

And this is why I always direct people to the very comprehensive Liza Jane spreadsheets, so they can compare what they've had tested and track results over time:

www.lizajane.org

. . .as well as the Quest/Latov paper on serological testing for neuropathy:

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/...eralNeurop.htm
Thanks for the link to the lizajane spreadsheets! They certainly will make it easier to track my testing instead of digging through a stack of papers.

I have been using the Quest Diagnostic guide with my primary neurologist to systematically eliminate causes. I have had every test on the guide except the Parvo and Anti-Sulfatide. I was suppose to have the anti-sufatide, but the Quest Lab didn't run the test along with the other antibody tests. I've also had a Spinal Fluid analysis. All tests are normal or negative.

TommyE
TommyE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote