View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 12:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my two cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird View Post
Thank you Lou Lou for posting that message. I thought it was very altruistic of you to do so, especially as it wasn't benefiting you in any way. As you said, you are already down that path. I thought "Happyguy" was obviously caught out on an unhappy day. Perhaps he has already gone down that route ( of drugs) and I can understand why it is so upsetting to read such info. However, there are many of us on the cusp of doing so, and your post has been more than helpful. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart, and I hope "Happy guy" has a better day.

Hi Ladybird,

I got started with Janice Hadlocks' PRP protocol 12 years ago. Her view that in a parkinson condition the qi flows rebelliously through the stomach channel of the chinese acupuncture meridian system i think is groundbreaking. We possess electrical physiology. Quantifying healing is really very relative. Because pd sx clarified themselves at age 36 for me i was loathe to take sinemet but 3 years ago (then age 51-menopausal mind you) when i wasn't doing very well and had little to lose sinemet basically gave me my life back -very gradually....it took 3 months of sinemet (small dose) to decide that it was helping and now 3 years later(18 years of shaking, bradykinesia etc) am still improving....i have to wonder if everything i do to support my health including the yin tui na PRP work i did has helped me tremendously. Because of Janices' work I don't take any agonists...just low dose sinemet and was able to cut back to 1 tablet per day altho generally 2 last summer with the help of fava bean pod juice. I waited a very long time - did i suffer needlessly? don't know however i was suprised to discover how grounded and whole sinemet makes me feel - still always looking to cut back and doing what i can to support my health.

In the end perhaps what matters is your journey not the destination ....you will find that which supports you! Janice Hadlock is one of the kindest most humble and determined persons I've ever had the chance to be acquainted with through her writing and a few private emails. The parkinsons community has benefited richly by her work however her stern position on the meds may scare people and i'm glad i finally broke free of that fear however i do think that dosage is vastly misunderstood.

kind regards,
md

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (01-17-2012), lou_lou (01-21-2012)