View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
It may involve writing a scrip (or order) for the steroid, but since it's all handled internally, you may not see/know about it.

FWIW, my results were mixed. I had some that didn't work at all, some that worked for anywhere from a few days to a year, and in a couple of cases, indefinitely. With these injections, finding the correct injection point is critical, and can make all the difference between success and failure, which depends on the skill & experience of the doctor doing them.

Doc
Hmmmm.... yes, skill does me a lot when injections are in order. I've had some nurses give me IV's and it's quick and easy and painless, and others that struggle and try over and over and you just want to slap the **** out them for not knowing what they are doing.

I'm concerned about it, but as any one of us can understand, I'm in so much pain I'll try anything for some relief.

My appt. isn't until Friday, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about options before I go. I believe he is also an anestesiologist, so I'm hoping he is good at what he does! We don't get many choices here in Ontario, gov't run healthcare doesn't allow us to pick and choose our doctors.

Thanks for the info!
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote