View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina View Post
1) The Institute for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation of New York, Beth Israel Hospital www.newpaintreatment.org/
I was impressed when I recently checked the website. Now they are actively seeking patients for tDCS treatment of pain. When I sought treatment there this time last year I had to work to get in.

During my treatment I requested to meet the lead researcher, Dr. Helena Knotkova. She kindly spent considerable time with me and was delighted to have a patients who was so knowledgeable in tDCS and its application. I also requested to be evaluated by Dr. Ricardo Crucianni. I received a thorough evaluation from him on my last day of treatment. Please see prior posts regarding my thoughts on tDCS at Beth Israel.

2) There is a brand new Brain Stimulation Clinic in Atlanta, that just opened this month. www.transcranialbrainstimulation.com/
This is offered through a private pain treatment clinic operated by Dr. James Fugedy, who I highly recommend. I had a consultation with Dr. Fugedy last fall prior to the opening of the Brain Stimulation Clinic. I did not undergo tDCS treatment in his office because I already knew I was a responder.

In my opinion Dr. Fugedy is the top person in the country in terms of knowledge and actual application of tDCS to patients with chronic pain. He is impassioned about his work and a real decent sort of guy, in addition to being very funny.

3) The Brenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation, Harvard Medical School. http://tmslab.org/
This facility has treatment, research and education components. I have not visited this facility but the researchers have been very helpful regarding my requests for information , clinical trials and research material.

Hope this is helpful!!!!!!
Thanks Ballerina for this list! I'm bummed that there is nothing even remotely close to CA, but that often seems to be the case. Since I can't travel, I'll have to look into doing it on my own. Thanks for all your help!
lovefamilypets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote