View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Insurance company denying Flector patch!

Before I got the good suggestion on using the pain cream, I had called for a refill on my Flector patch. Was told by my pharmacist that beg. Jan. 1 my insurance will no longer pay for Flector patches. She wanted to know if I just wanted to pay cash for it...glad I asked for the price before I said yes. She said, "Oh, it's $500.00 for a month's worth and $1467.00 if you want the full 90 days". Can someone say knock me over with a feather

I called my PCP who said I need to go through the appeal process, which he said could "take some time". In the meantime, he called in a rx. for Lidocaine patches. Again, my pharmacist calls me. I've got good news, she says. The ins. will cover this one. I ask about the co-pay and she says it's $135.00 for a month's worth of patches.

Holy heck...are these patches made out of pure gold or something??? It's not even like they are miraculous pain relievers...all they do is help take the edge off. Where oh where is our medical care going???

Thankfully I see the new pain mgmt. dr. in a couple of days so holding off on making any changes until I see him and get his opinion. Have enough Flector patches to last until then...

Ya' know, seems like it's always something...
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (01-17-2012), Mark56 (01-16-2012), ron h (01-17-2012), Rrae (01-16-2012)