View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default mirapex cr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy s View Post
I once took 5HTP as recommended by a book that my naturopath recommended, half an hour later I was throwing up. So I'm sure this is very complicated to get everything in the right balance - kind of discouraging actually as I have no idea where to find a medical practitioner who could or would monitor this for me.

My MDS is on sick leave, and another one in his practise has been trying to help me sort out my nighttime aching and sleep disturbance - my latest move is supposed to be taking one and then two 100/25 Sinemet CR at bedtime, that's a pretty big increase over the five regular ones I take spread out through the day now. I really wish I could find something that would slow this down a little, don't we all.

Has anyone switched from regular Mirapex to extended release Mirapex? Did it help smooth things out?
Wendy,

we have a love/hate relationship with mirapex, let me get that out right away. we hate its side effects, and have twice tried to wean off of it to no avail. but our neuro asked us to try the ER when it came out, so we did.

what we noticed is that you cannot control the side effects like you can if you take smaller doses. for us, the worst side effect is sleepiness, followed by brain fog, so we take .375mg every two hours (I know, it's a pain, but the side effects are much less this way). when we took the ER, we noticed the side effects for us were a bit overwhelming and we could not reduce them by playing with splitting the pills because you can't do that with ER. so we gave up on the ER and went back to our regular weird way of taking mirapex.

everyone is different, though. if it works for you, great! this is just our experience.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote