Thread: RSD in Mouth?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile RSD in Mouth --- So it IS real !!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your replies! I for sure understand how heartbreaking it is to spend all of this $$$ throughout the year on teeth ... and then as I mentioned I still had to have all of my lower ones pulled. My dental insurance was really good when I was working ... at the University of Pittsburgh for 21 years ... but I STILL put tens of thousands of $$$ in my mouth ... so far the implants on the top have been okay ... knock on wood ... but when I turned 65 ... the dental insurance that Pitt offers the retirees is horrible ... but then I don't have any on the bottom to spend money on anymore ... so I guess that is one positive thing? Ha Ha.

I would NEVER had been able to figure out what was going on if I hadn't had my teeth pulled ... would have continued to have crowns and partial plates, etc etc ... also, lucky for me that in 2002 when I broke my wrist and in 2003 when I broke my elbow ... my sister was my physical therapist ... I wouldn't allow my first PT to work on me ... I was screaming and screaming when she just touched my arm ... so my sister took over and immediately diagnosed me with RSD ... I loved the Brandy suggestion ... will try that ... by the way ... this is my eighth day on the neurontin and I believe it is helping my pain a little teeny bit ... I ate an egg sandwich this AM and didn't cry after I ate it ... so I think something is working ...

I think the lack of compassion by the medical professionals has been worse than the pain ... well not exactly ... but it comes in second to the pain.
msjanice12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote