View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Update from Post #4

It's been about 4-1/2 months now. My first restesting got pushed back due to an unexpected change in insurance - had to pay entirely out-of-pocket. Got the results back today, and they were mixed:

Two of my adrenal hormone levels are now up within normal levels, which I am pleased with. The other took another dive - almost half of what it was the last time (which was well below the minimum reference range to begin with). This has me somewhat devastated, and at a loss for the negative change.

My doctor said he was more concerned with how I feel rather than what the actual/particular number was, but I can't help but think that these numbers, and the prospect of feeling better by getting them back into normal ranges, were the reason I embarked upon this quest, and that if I feel somewhat better now, how much better still might I feel by raising this other crucial level?

I can think of a couple of possibilities for the nosedive. One is that I discontinued the pregnenolone for 3 days prior to the test. I wasn't able to get an answer from anyone on whether I should or not, but it seemed like it might throw the test off by taking supplemental hormones just before the testing, so I timed it to coincide with the end of the weekly break.

I asked about increasing my current dosage, or supplementing it with another further along the adrenal chain. He said to continue with what I'm doing and get retested again in another 6 months. Adding the other supplement is up to me. I've decided to research it further (more homework) and decide then.

How I'm feeling is still better than before I began all this, but it feels like some of the improvement may have tapered off - not as vibrant as it was at first. I just don't know...

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 01-17-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-20-2012)