View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 03:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Alan:

If I were you - a decision like this is a major decision. If I were you I would do the following:

1. Fill out an Oswestry disability Index questionaire
2. A Roland Morris questionaire
3. List the pros and cons of surgery
4. Quality of life

Review all your answers and then make your decision. I have opted against surgery. It was a personal decision. Maybe because my doctors want to be a bit more envasive, i.e: Lumbar Fusion, Laminectomy, and disk replacement.

The internet is a wonderful place to research this type of surgery's pros and cons.

I wonder why other than what you listed your doctors have not followed the guidelines for "Conservative Therapy" other than medicine.

Are you undergoing physical therapy, massage, exercise's such as stretching, heat/ice therapies or even an anti-inflammatory diet?

I have lived with my back injury and degeneration for 11 years now, and still cope without the surgery.

Good luck
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote