View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaidquit View Post
My question; if I start feeling better and my symptoms diminish, or go away should I still have the EEG and MRI done or can I call to cancel them?
I don't know much about MRI or EEG but the tone of this question reminds me of the confusion and lack of insight which I had at near the beginning of my recovery and the month or two after. I mean not being sure what is or isn't a symptom, thinking I was getting better or was going to get better very soon when I didn't really have any evidence for this and therefore trying to do things that I really shouldn't have.

Like you my symptoms took a week to kick in which just added to the confusion and lack of insight, since neither myself, those around me nor my General Practitioner had any idea that this could happen.

It particularly reminds me of being offered appointments with professionals and wondering whether I should accept them, since I was 'worried' I might be better by then and would therefore be inconveniencing them. The same attitude I think contributed to those around me not taking my injury seriously enough, since I kept implying that I was better than I really was, or that I would be better soon.

This was obviously a complete lack of insight on my part since I am still recovering after 10 months. Hopefully you'll be better well before then, but don't take it for granted and get all the help you can, from professionals, friends and family who need to understand from you that this is a serious and potentially long term injury.

Like I say this doesn't necessary include those particular tests, but the way you phrase things suggests you have a slight lack of insight which I recognise from my own experiences. Be careful, I found that over-optimistic, confused thinking like this was one of the symptoms of early PCS.

That said, many do get better in a relatively short time. Hope you're one of them!

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote