View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Support Group for PDrecouvery (Janice's program)

For anyone interested in Janice Walton-Hadlock program, you might want to check out a Yahoo support group called: PDrecouverers "Parkinson's Recovery Project". By pd'ers and their spouses participating in this program.
It's not very active night now, but it has lots of personal stories of pder's who tried this path.
PDrecoverers : Parkinson's Recovery Project
or try: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PDrecoverers/

PDrecoverers@yahoogroups.com is intended to provide a cyber-support-group consisting of persons with Parkinson's Disease who are being treated via Yin Tui Na and acupuncture treatments by practitioners following the protocols published by Janice Walton-Hadlock

I found out about this group back in 2004, a couple of years after I was diagnosed. I wasn't on Sinemet yet, so Janice accepted me into her program. Over the next couple of years, I made 3 trips to see Janice and her team in Santa Cruz, CA. I followed her program the best I could. She is an amazing person and very dedicated. I'm not sure how much better I am today because of Janice's program, but after 5 years, unmedicated, I was having a very difficult time managing myself. I could barely walk, poor balance, muscle cramps, very weak, etc. I believe my body was still rebuilding itself, but I felt like I was running out of time. When I could barley walk, I eventually gave in to Sinemet, and my life returned to me in just a couple of months. I was able to walk, ride a bike, run and even kayak again. Today 11 years after I was diagnosed, I think I might of reached my plateau of recovery and I'm now on that downward slope of progression. I'm not to bad when medicated, except for my talking (it's not that great), but I can barely walk now unmedicated.

My advice for anyone wanting to try Janice's program. Just be prepared for a long road for recovery. Everyone is different, but recovery is going to take years and you're going to get worse before you get better. It's not for everyone, most of the members of this group ended up taking Parkinson's drugs. Very few members of the group (if any?) fully recovered. But I believed her program did help me and others to some degree.

It couldn't hurt.

Enjoy life always,
Max
Max19BC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (01-21-2012), shcg (01-18-2012)