View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl2568 View Post
they sent me home wed from the hospital. Its just a slow process to getting better and said id be better off at home now that its at the point where its not lifethreatening. I have to eat only what I can tolerate. I am trying different things and they gave me an antispasmatic to take before each meal so my stomach wont hurt. So far they are working bc im only feeling slight pain like a 4 on the 1-10 scale. I have a follow up visit in a week so just have to see what happens
The followup visit went okay. My doctor said to followup with the gastroenterologist to give me tips on what to do since I still can't tolerate fruits and vegetables and I am just starting to tolerate sandwitches again. What I a still confused about is if it is not from what I am eating then how will I know if it will come back. There is no preventing it since scar tissue keeps growing. My mom has a friend who ahs had this problem in the past but she does not have a shunt but has the blockage from another reason and she said to add more water to my diet. I drink lots of water everyday. There is still so much I do not understand about this. I havent had to go back to the hospital but it still seems all new to me.
kl2568 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote