View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, everyone.

Mrs D.: I do remember my dr. talking about the difficulty of developing a patch and having it properly dispense the appropriate amt. of medication that has been put into it, and that it is not as easy as manufacturing a pill form. Didn't know, however about the patches possibly being worse than taking an actual pill. I was just focused on the the patches giving less side effects (at least from my perspective they do). NSAID's typically give me bad heartburn and cause a lot of fluid retention, which I don't find with the flector patch.

I will definitely look into the OTC patches you mentioned. Hopefully this new pain dr. will have some ideas. Thanks for the useful info.!!

And, yes, I remember the fentanyl recall. Was the first time I used this patch and it just had to be the time it was recalled. I was driving down the road with one on me, and had to keep slapping myself in the face 'cuz I felt I was so groggy and had to get home and get to bed That swore me off fentanyl patches... even if they are made correctly now!!
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (01-17-2012), Mark56 (01-17-2012), ron h (01-18-2012), Rrae (01-17-2012)