View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Help Hi Fionab

How I sympathize with you! I had no medical insurance and bacially fell apart. I had four years until I qualified for SSD and SSDI. My medicine was over 1,500 per month! I went on a protest train to Canada, something called the RX express. There I was interviewed. Our own country would not cover this expedition in the news. There were about 50 of us. My"3"month supply for the same medications were under $300. Now something is out of wack here. Why are the medications priced so moderately? Our country does not negeotiate with the drug companies to help us. This is a terrible problem for most of us, who were middle class, and now have joined ranks of the poor.
Many senior citizens as you know, and others of limited means cannot afford their medication. Write to your,Sentor,Consumer protection agency. It is a crime what is being done, and the drug companies are only getting richer.
The donut hole catches those of us on mediare/medicaid. I face that now. I just wanted you to know how unfair I think this drug business is to those that really need the medications. Protest, and ask your doctor to write to your insurance company and try to get a different decision. I wish you all the best. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-17-2012), ron h (01-18-2012), Rrae (01-17-2012)