View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 03:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lost and need answers!!

Hello all, I am new to the forum, but not to pain. I am 33 years old and have suffered with migraines since I was 8 years old; I actually can remember the first one I had. I have been on so many medications my stomach is in a mess; not to mention I also have a chronic pain disorder. I finally decided about 4 years ago that I would bite the bullet and go on something that I would take daily for the headaches after suffering with one for 3 months. I began taking Topamax daily and Maxalt as needed; this seem to help control them and the dosing was adjusted as needed. After a while I begin to experience dizziness for some unknown reason and my primary placed me on Antivert. This freaked me out because I didn't have an ear infection or anything. I did notice that my ears always hurt and felt full causing my to want to stick something in them. As time passed I began to have the bad headaches again, but this time I had to go to the ER. I haven't had to go to the ER for a headache since high school so I was like what's going on. The back of my head began feeling like someone was stumping on it around the clock. I had a CT and it was normal. A few months later same thing migraine for days vision disturbances, nausea, vomiting, back of the head hurting like someone is stumping on me. I had another CT normal also. I started noticing that my vision was getting worst and I could no longer see to drive at night. A couple of months later I started have numbness in my hands and arm; the back of my head and neck also were in terrible pain. I went to my Neurologist and he ordered a C-spine MRI. This showed that it was normal other that I had a cerebellar tonsilar ectopia at the foramen magnum 8mm I believe it said. Now is were it gets interesting. I am a nurse in the operating room and I went to the hospital were I work to the medical records and got a copy of the report before my appointment because I was curious. I panic and had one of the neurosurgeons look at it. He explained it to me a little, but wanted to wait to see what my physician would say how about that jerk wasn't going to mention it; he told me my MRI was perfectly normal. I was shocked. I had to tell him that I had seen it and that I was not doing well; he ignored me told me it was congenital and I would be fine. I have since then had a headache everyday, I see what I call matrix like vision; more than doubles. I also have ringing in the ears. I just do not know what to do or what is wrong with me. The back of my head and neck hurts constantly; I can't even see to drive at night anymore. I can't tolerant loud sounds and the slights chirping sets me off. I just need to know should I be worried.
nw31705 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote