View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 04:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh...I am SO sorry! It is so frustrating when we see doctors like this...you NEED to see another doctor. This is totally unacceptable. Doctors are not supposed to ignore the complaints of their patients and sorry...but even if it WERE all in your head...that doesn't make it any less real. I am muttering a lot of really not nice things right now as I think of this whole thing...it really gets me riled up.

Do not let them ever make you doubt yourself or think that you are going crazy. RSD is REAL...the pain is REAL...and it is important to find a physician who will work with you to help you through this. It took me a while to find a doctor that I have a good relationship with who has been able to help me with my RSD problems. She's not an RSD expert but she has seen it before and she has never once belittled me or my symptoms. We've been able to work together to come up with ways to control my symptoms and to get the function back (well...a lot of it anyway) and we continue to fight this thing together.

I hope you find a good doc soon to help you. I get so angry when I hear any stories like yours. I wouldn't wish RSD on anyone but sometimes I just wish those doctors could know what it was like to be in so much pain and sit in a room with a doctor who tells you it is all in your head.

We're here for you anytime you need to vent. I know it makes me feel so much better just to get things like this off my chest. If I didn't know that there were other people out there going through the same things as me I might have been convinced I was truly going crazy.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote