View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

wow, never ever heard of this item.

I'll google it and see if it might help the hubby!!!!

Thanks much.

Oh, we just came home from our appointment (both of us) with our podiatrist. Guess what!!! I get to get a new pair of Comfort Diabetic Orthopedic shoes because my insurance plan covers it. They cost $165 for the shoes and some kind of insert inside the shoe. I picked out a nice sturdy pair (because I try and power walk every day using my IPOD.

But the coolest thing was when Alan found out he might just be eligible for a new pair of othotics (covered by insurance). We have the same kind of medicare advantage plan. The podiatrist said "Alan's not a diabetic, right" ????? and I said "I don't think you have to be to get the orthotics". So he said "Okay, let's see if it will go through, but let's scan him first". I had no idea what scan meant. Previously for any kind of orthotics, Alan would sink his feet into this foam thing and it would take an impression of his feet.

BUT NOT ANY MORE!!!!! There's a new gadget in town and our podiatrist has it. It's some kind of BIO-SCAN THING. It was amazing.

Alan just gets on this red platform that's on the floor. The sensors scan his two feet and there right in front of us on the screen WERE ALAN'S FEET!!!!

I kept going "oh, just like Star Trek. The podiatrist started to laugh. He's a doll and he raises exotic flowers in his spare time. He does indeed take good care of Alan tootsies and mine too. I had an ingrown toe nail and you could have heard me yelp across the street. But I didn't have to get a shot this time. This guy just takes a second and goes "now be brave". It was over in a second. My feet are good and the most fascinating thing is that I feel everything the doctor did and Alan doesn't and we both have neuropathy.

Alan has had his for 18 years and I just started to develop symtoms. They come and go. I am under a strict diabetic protocol and I intend to do my darndest to hopefully slow down the progression in my feet.

But when the doctor starts to work on Alan, well he could stick a nail in his toes and he doesn't feel a darn thing. The doctor goes to me "Amazing, isn't he?" "he doesn't feel what I'm doing". Alan has a bad recurring foot ulcer.
Dr. Baird takes such good care of his feet.

So all we are waiting on is the phone call from the Home Infusion people and we'll be good to go.

So I'll let you know if I get my hands on this Tegaderm.

be well

Melody

P.S. Just looked up Tegaderm. Don't think it's what Alan needs. What he needs is an Aquaphor kind of cream. Is there anything better for his behind the ear problem. It's gentle right? Anybody else use this or a similar product????

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote