View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
I felt the same overwhelming feeling right before my surgery, it's almost where you have to hold your nose and jump in the water off the cliff. Just trust that you are making the best decision you can and keep a positive attitude on your recovery and you will do okay. It's a very scary step, but you'll be relieved to have it over with and to start recovering instead of just coping.

I'm facing another surgery soon, and I feel the familiar apprehension, overwhelming jittery feeling, I understand exactly how you are feeling.

Keep us posted on how you are doing afterwards.

Stay strong and think good thoughts!!
Cathie
Thank you Cathie

I feel I am making the best decision and have spent weeks agonizing if I am doing the right thing. The pain I am in right now is a reminder that I am pretty sure I am making the right decision. I always question every single decision I make so the bigger issues keep me awake at night wondering if I am doing the right thing or not.

I also have two children to take care of and I am dealing with the guilt of people having to take care of me and not being able to help my husband. It is hard for me to do normal things that are just for me let alone a recovery like this. On the other hand being in pain is not making me a good mom either. Sigh.

Dr Smith

I have done that several times and while I am laying there it is usually in pain which reminds me why the fusion is even a consideration. It is so frustrating and I wish I could get a few days respite from my pain to clear my head.

I will try to take some time in the next few days to see if I can sit quietly and just really think about things. It sure is hard in this house
candlegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote