View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

TMQ,

You need to remember that your are injured. Just because you feel good does not mean your brain is ready for a busy day. Those busy days will be followed by a crash day or even two.

Learning to pace our days take time and serious discipline. You don't need to be paranoid about activities, just cautious to not get caught up with To Do Lists and other activities.

One of the best lessons learned by many of us with PCS is that much of the stresses of daily life are excessive. We can still be productive with a much lower stress and work load.

When you consider if you are going to submit to these tests and imaging, try to determine if the neuro is just taking shots in the dark. You can even be direct in asking him if he is. Many doctors tend to be that way when they can't understand your complaints.

You and your brain need rest and less stress. Doctors who cannot answer your questions should not be adding to you stress. It is very rare that the doctors can do anything different as a result of these tests.

If you have either, I predict you will need the next day or two to recover from the stress, especially the EEG. EEG's can be exhausting. Been there, done that, did not learn anything worthwhile.

So, maybe you should start keeping a journal. In it, list your activities and any sensations or brain fog. Include how you feel when you first wake up. Could you get right up and be aware of your day or did you need to sort of 'get your head together'? Even note what you are eating. Over time, you will start to see patterns. A busy day will be followed by a poor day, even if the busy day ended on a good note.

Time to go get dinner.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 01-17-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
themaidquit (01-17-2012)