View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Nannette,

I'm glad you are getting that tooth out! You should be fine with just a local anesthetic. Upper erupted wisdom teeth are generally not that difficult to remove for an oral surgeon. If he sees an opening in the sinus he will determine the size and decide whether or not to close it or allow it to close on it's own. He may or may not place a bone graft.... again that is determined on the sinus issue as well as any infection that is up there.

With regard to taking the ativan...it is frequently prescribed for anxious dental patients to take one hour prior to their appointment. However, it is best to call the dentist in the morning and tell them you would like to take this medication. This way they can discuss with you the best way to take it.

Please check in with us tomorrow!

Bryanna
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your feedback! Well I did it! Number 16 is out - no grafting needed. I decided not to take anything for the nerves and did ok. I had a local and I was in and out in about 20 minutes! I asked the Oral Surgeon if the sinus looked perforated but he thought everything looked good.....so I'll keep my fingers crossed. It's a little sore but I guess that's too be expected. I'm taking Tylenol and Advil which seems to be doing the job.

~Nannette
sibuja is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote