Thread: RSD in Mouth?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just wanted to jump in and welcome you to NT and to tell you that I am very sorry for what you have gone through and are going through. I hope that you are able to find some relief soon. RSD can be anywhere in the body and it is sad that so many doctors are so misinformed about it. I need a lot of dental work and I can honestly say that I am scared to have it done because I cannot imagine having this pain in my mouth. It spread from just my ankle to my whole upper body...everything between my waist and neck including arms and hands and I do NOT want it anywhere else thank you very much. So any kind of procedure scares me...even dental ones. But I have to bite the bullet soon and just get it all taken care of.

Anyway...good for you for continuing to fight for the care you need. It's so sad that it has taken this long to find anyone who will take your issues seriously...especially if you have been diagnosed with RSD before. But so many docs are just uninformed when it comes to RSD...even some of the ones who say they have treated many patients with it.

This is a great forum and if you ever have any questions or even if you just need to vent, please feel free to post. I have learned so many things from the other members that have helped me to get better, to cope with the pain, and to learn how to function and do everyday things with my limits that I have because of the RSD. I don't know what I would do without this place. Welcome.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote