View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Wait, you've been having IVIG every month for seven years? If your blood tests negative for MG now, that's probably because of the IVIG. That's exactly what IVIG is supposed to do: it's supposed to temporarily reduce (or eliminate) the antibodies in your blood. If the tests can't find them, it's not because you're in remission; it's because of the IVIG.

Am I making sense? I just did my taxes, and I think I have absorbed a little insanity from the IRS.

Abby
Yes, I asked my Neuro about that, and plus I had 3 rescure amounts of the IVIG through out the 3 1/2 months before taking the blood test. He said it could make a defferance but the fact is my swallowing has not gotten better so if I do have MG or its in remission it still not the answer to my swallowing problem.

The 2nd opinion neuro said I should stop the monthly IVIG's to see if I take a turn for the worse and then they will retest me and know if the IVIG is making a differance,
I was due today for my monthly treatment and I have to say I am a bit afraid to see how my body is going to do without it...time will tell.
GrannyJo4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote