View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default update

Well, made it to Cleveland safely and was managing the pain until I hit Cleveland and the weather had turned sour. Cold, windy and looking for snow....my luck.

Here's what I know after talking to the nurse. The unit is a medtronics and I think I will be able to follow up at home with a rep in st.louis. I am lucky to have some flexibility in my schedule. The test unit goes in on Thursday and we will most likely head to Dayton for the weekend, next week I can come back up whenever to have it reprogrammed. Next Thursday the permanent unit goes in and I will be staying at the hotel in the hospital for a few days in case I need any help or I need to see the rep. again. That's the tentative schedule,,we will see how it really goes!!! Getting any help over the weekend is difficult so that's why we are not staying up here the entire week, that and I don't really want to "live" in a hotel for two weeks!!

I have another question, how much hair did they shave off and exactly where? when they did the trial where exactly di they have the wires ? what exactly was implanted at that point and with the permanent unit can you feel any of the wires? Also, how do you know when you need to have it reprogrammed?? Does it stop working well ?

Well, I think that's it for now, I've probably forgotten to ask you something really important but what ever I'll figure it out over the next few days..... I'll let you know on Thursday or Friday how it went.
Thanks again for all your help and support, you really gave me great questions to ask and things to know ahead of time. you've been great Beth
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-18-2012)